Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Fear = OK


What I have learned is, what I have thought is, what I have lived is that: Fear is OK. And any time I try to diminish it, revamp it, reconstruct it, put lipstick on it or squash it, Fear mobilizes and holds steady and strong. Fear will not be altered or changed or lessened because he or she (doesn't matter) is fine with who they are. Fear. Has. Teeth. But Fear will surprise you by teaching you the art of biting as it is biting you. It will show you how to use your own strong teeth if you dare to sit down for a martini with Fear. My point is, I've used Fear to cope. Showing it mirrors. Gently flipping it on its head. Comically placing a rubber chicken or two at its feet. Because I don't believe in punching Fear in the nose like some people do. I invite it to breakfast...sometimes brunch even (which means you know that I have befriended my Fear because brunch is only for friends). So, My Dear Fear, Thank you. Thank you for what you have given me. You may feel free to take as many breaks from my life as is possible. I will not miss you when you are away. That said, when you come knocking, I'll answer the door with lightness in my feet and a ready embrace for you - just like last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment